Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fun way to cook chicken at your next party outside. Originally posted by Chewman with funny pictures to follow at http://www.angelcities.com/members/chewman/chicken.html
- 1 whole fryer chicken (1/500th of a ton)
- 1 can beer, one for each chicken (They don't like to share)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons crab boil
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Open beer and drink half.
- Empty rest of the beer into bowl and stir in rest of ingredients.
- Pour mixture back into can.
- Shove can up chicken's butt.
- Set on grill using legs and can as a tripod and close grill.
- Cook about one hour (until juices run clear).
- The less often you peek, the quicker it will be done.
Great fun to envolve your guests in partaking in the preparation! But sometimes it's hard to get them to share their beer with the chickens!
Great recipe. I do, however, also use some rotisserie rub to season the outside. Otherwise, only the inside meat tastes seasoned.
Not sure what happened, the meat outside was tasty, but inside not alot of flavor. Will try again though.