Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband found this recipe and modified it and it is a big favorite at home and an easy dish to make for work pot luck meals -- big raves! We have substituted chicken or sausage for the ground beef -- all three are really good!
- 453.59 g package ziti pasta
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 (1587.57 g) jar spaghetti sauce
- 170.09 g provolone cheese (sliced)
- 170.09 g mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 340.19 g part-skim ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Drain off fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish, place about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Spread on a layer of half the spaghetti sauce mixture and ricotta cheese.
- Cover with remaining pasta, cheese and sauce; sprinkle a layer of parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.
I reduced this recipe by half, and only used 1/2 of a 32 oz. jar of roasted garlic and herb sauce, which was perfect! I did follow as written, (although I forgot the basil while taking the photo) and we really enjoyed the dish. I will make it again, for a pretty quick week-night pasta meal. Thanks for sharing, Cheryl P.