1/1 Photo of Mike's Baked Ziti
Cheryl P's Note:
My husband found this recipe and modified it and it is a big favorite at home and an easy dish to make for work pot luck meals -- big raves! We have substituted chicken or sausage for the ground beef -- all three are really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Drain off fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4In a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish, place about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Spread on a layer of half the spaghetti sauce mixture and ricotta cheese.
- 5Cover with remaining pasta, cheese and sauce; sprinkle a layer of parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mike's Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 953.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 37.6 g