Recipe by Lennie
When Mike Timlin was a Toronto Blue Jay, this recipe was published in a local magazine.
Top Review by Debbb
Delicious!! I actually modified the method significantly: I used the full amount of ingredients to marinate 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts overnight & then grilled on the bbq. The flavour was absolutely perfect - very tender & juicy, too.
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F; grease a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the teriyaki sauce, ginger, salt, cayenne and garlic.
- Add chicken to bowl, quickly turning pieces to coat them well with the sauce.
- Using tongs, place chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet, skin side down; reserve any remaining sauce.
- Bake chicken, turning once and basting with the leftover sauce, for about 45 minutes or until chicken is browned and juices run clear when meat is pierced.