Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is easy to make and is a winner in our household. It's great eats with bread and butter and I enjoy pouring a little hot sauce or sliced halapeno peppers in it.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa (cut in 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 (28 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup rice
- Brown hamburger, onions and celery. Drain.
- Pour in beef broth and 1 cup of water. Then mix in the red kidney beans, kielbasa, garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil
- Cover and let simmer for 60 minutes. Cook one cup of rice and when done mix into pot.
- Mix the flour and ½ cup cold water to make a slurry and pour into pot to thicken sauce. Serve and enjoy.