Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from traditional meatloaf. Serve with mashed potatoes, peas and corn.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix upper set of ingredients and refrigerate.
- Saute carrots in olive oil.
- After 10 minutes, add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for another minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Mix all ingedients together and fold into a loaf pan.
- Cover top with about 1/4 inch of ketchup and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Optional: Mix barbeque sauce with the ketchup to jazz it up.
This was a good loaf although more time consuming to mix then I like. I did use V-8 juice for the liquid as had no wine on hand.