Recipe by Mika G.
This may be low fat but it doesn't taste like it! You have to try this recipe! This is one of my best....
Top Review by Beanwean
I have a very similar recipe, only I use whole wheat pasta and fat-free cottage cheese. Like Mika G. says, it may be low-fat, but it sure doesn't taste like it! This has been a family favorite for quite a while now. Sometimes I add some chopped 98% fat free ham, just for fun. This recipe is a keeper!
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked (about 8 oz. dry)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons stick low-fat margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon stick low-fat margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- While noodles are cooking, mix together next 9 ingredients.
- Mix in cooked pasta, and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish sprayed with Pam.
- Mix bread crumbs, paprika and 1 TBSP melted margarine and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.