Recipe by Mika G.
I got this recipe on an adoption site after I adopted my daughter from S. Korea. They are so yummy and addictive!
- 1 cup butter (REAL, NO substitutions)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with brown and white sugars. Add eggs and beat well. Add baking soda, hot water and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Stir in flour and sesame seeds to make a stiff dough. Cover and chill until dough is firm.
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into balls; place on greased baking sheet, about 2" apart. Flatten slightly. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.