Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up one day when I needed a side and my husband and I were trying to eat more low carb. It is so good! My whole family loves it even my "real" potato salad freak in the family! Cooking time does not include time to chill.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into flowerettes
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 lb turkey bacon, fried and chopped up
- 1 (8 ounce) 2% cheddar cheese, block cubed small
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise, can add more if needed
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream, can add more if needed
- Steam cauliflower until tender crisp. Set aside to cool.
- After all other ingredients have been cooked and chopped as per directions combine everything with cauliflower and chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve as you would "real" potato salad.
WOW! I am a low carb eater, and struggle to stay away from potato salads at bbqs, but despite being sceptial of this receipe, it was easy to make and so delicious. Even my hubby who doesnt watch his carb intake thought this was real good. I didnt use turkey bacon but shredded ham which I cooked, next time I might use regular bacon to give it a more crunchy texture. You can hardly tell this is cauliflower and not potato, definitiely keeping this receipe! Thanks so much.
This is a great recipe, we tried it last night and loved it. For ease of making it we used the steam in a bag garlic Cauliflower and it was great. We will never make potato salad again.