Recipe by Mika G.
After adopting my daughter from S. Korea I have a passion for making Korean food. This is a wonderful bulgogi recipe and so easy. Cooking time does not include marinating overnight. *Have your butcher slice the beef paper thin for you.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great recipe! I made this as written, letting it marinate for eight hours. The marinating is very important. I served this over rice with asparagus on the side. I may add a little bit of cornstarch next time just to thicken that sauce a bit, but that's just my preference. The flavor was great; thanx!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb beef, ribeye, sliced paper thin
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together everything except meat to make marinade. Rip meat into small pieces and add meat to marinade mixture. Mix in very well and let sit overnight.
- Preheat a large skillet with sesame oil. Add beef mixture and cook until browned.
- Serve over rice.