Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I am allergic to tomatoes but love lasagna and buffalo sauce so I came up with this recipe.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces or 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, no boil
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (16 ounce) jarragu low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo, sauce (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken or hamburger, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until meat, is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended; stir in Alfredo sauce and buffalo sauce and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasonings and parsley. Set aside.
- Spread a small amount of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer 4 noodles , 2/3 of the cottage cheese, 2/3 of the Alfredo mixture and 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers two more times.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
this was SOOOO good! very rich but delish- the alfredo sauce is genius! I used no bake pasta and it was a hit at a family get together. thanks!