Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I post this simple little Japanese seaweed salad in honor of my friend Mika. Mika is a phenomenal cook, with a natural flare for flavors. Of all the incredible dishes she has shared with me, this one will always be my favorite. Seaweed and cucumber salads are always bursting with flavor, but they are often made with sauces that contain a lot of sugar. We have modified a traditional favorite using fresh raw lemon juice and agave nectar. This is a quick, easy and a spectacular introduction to seaweed. Give it a go. It is irresistibly delicious!
- 4 cups wakame seaweed, cut, soaked for 10 minutes and then rinsed and drained
- 2 cups julienned cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon gomashio, for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 4 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar
- Mix together the seaweed and cucumber in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing throw all the ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well combined. Or just gently beat with a whisk or fork.
- Toss the dressing through the salad and garnish with some gomasio or plain sesame seeds.