1/1 Photo of Mika’s Vegan Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
The Blender Girl's Note:
I post this simple little Japanese seaweed salad in honor of my friend Mika. Mika is a phenomenal cook, with a natural flare for flavors. Of all the incredible dishes she has shared with me, this one will always be my favorite. Seaweed and cucumber salads are always bursting with flavor, but they are often made with sauces that contain a lot of sugar. We have modified a traditional favorite using fresh raw lemon juice and agave nectar. This is a quick, easy and a spectacular introduction to seaweed. Give it a go. It is irresistibly delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups wakame seaweed, cut, soaked for 10 minutes and then rinsed and drained
- 2 cups julienned cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon gomashio, for garnishing
- 1Mix together the seaweed and cucumber in a large bowl.
- 2To make the dressing throw all the ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well combined. Or just gently beat with a whisk or fork.
- 3Toss the dressing through the salad and garnish with some gomasio or plain sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mika’s Vegan Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 377.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice vinegar