Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really good to put in Christmas Gift Bags. Almond slivers can be added at the end if desired. Be careful when spreading the chocolate as the sugar mixture is skin removing hot.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 7 Hershey Bars
- Cook all ingredients except chocolate bars over high heat in heavy pan.
- Stir constantly until amber or brown, DO NOT BURN.
- Pour into buttered 9 X 13 inch pan.
- While still hot place 7 Hershey bars on top, spread after melted.
- Cool and crack.
This was a big hit with my daughters classmates. They were having a Greek festival and had to help make Greek foods for a grade. I took some into work and they loved it. This was very easy to make. I will be making this again for Christmas. Thanks riffraff.
Put in the freezer to harden up so I could crack it into pcs for my daughters class for their greek theme feast. they all loved it
I used honey instead f corn syrup but I did love this