Recipe by Miheehee
Had an eggplant (which I never cook with) and some miscellaneous squash in the fridge. Wanted to make the vegetable stew I had enjoyed so often in Egypt but all the recipes I could find were too much like Greek mousaka (layers, white sauce etc.) so I experimented and came up with this.
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 19.71 ml minced garlic
- 1 large onion
- 19.71 ml ground cumin
- 19.71 ml ground coriander
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 pattypan squash
- 1 red pepper
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 (1077.28 g) can chickpeas
- 2 (1587.57 g) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325°F.
- cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- heat oil.
- cook garlic just until browned (do not overcook!).
- add onion & spices, stir, cook until tender.
- add vegetables, potatoes & chickpeas, stir to coat.
- transfer to deep, covered baking dish, add tomatoes and stir to combine.
- cover and bake on middle rack for 1-1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- serve alone or on brown rice.