1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Had an eggplant (which I never cook with) and some miscellaneous squash in the fridge. Wanted to make the vegetable stew I had enjoyed so often in Egypt but all the recipes I could find were too much like Greek mousaka (layers, white sauce etc.) so I experimented and came up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- 3heat oil.
- 4cook garlic just until browned (do not overcook!).
- 5add onion & spices, stir, cook until tender.
- 6add vegetables, potatoes & chickpeas, stir to coat.
- 7transfer to deep, covered baking dish, add tomatoes and stir to combine.
- 8cover and bake on middle rack for 1-1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 9serve alone or on brown rice.
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mihee's Egyptian Masa'a
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 848.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: