Recipe by Zetty66
My cousin shared this recipe with me after we had the sauce at a restaurant on Coronado Island. I've never made it at home, but know I enjoyed it at the restaurant. My cousin's advice: don't count the calories in this!!!!!
Top Review by airinmarie
Used this recipe for sauce on my chicken enchiladas and on some veggie mushroom enchiladas...it was great for both! I was a little worried it would be too spicy for me, but the cheese balanced out the jalapenos well. It was excellent and I will be using it often.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or 1 teaspoon broth
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, from bottled jalapeno
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. Stir in sour cream when it's ready to boil. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in chicken broth and jalapeno sauce and simmer.
- Meanwhile, make a roux by heating butter and flour. Whisk until mixture turns a pale gold.
- Increase heat on cream mixture until almost boiling and then add roux. Whisk briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- Remove from heat, stir in minced jalapeno and the cheeses.
- Can be served with tortilla chips or as a sauce for dishes.