Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These make a great appetizer or served as a side dish.
- 2 (8 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Drain marinade from 1 jar artichokes into frying pan. Add onion and garlic to frying pan. Saute 5 minute
- Drain other jar (reserving juice). Chop artichokes from both jars and set aside -- you can also do these in the blender but don't let them get to fine.
- In a bowl beat eggs with a fork. Add everyting else.
- Bake in a 7x11 dish for 30 min at 325.
- Cool in pan -- the cut in 1 inch squares and serve.
- ** These can also be frozen and reheated. If you let them thaw, they take about 10 min at 350 to reheat.
It took a while for my friends to try it but once they did the pan was half gone before I noticed. I like how it's not your typical artichoke dip.