Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A gluten-free muffin using Bob's Red Mill "Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal" I omitted the cranberries and walnuts to see what the flavour would be like AND I only used 1/4 cup of sugar and it was plenty sweet for me. Maybe you need the extra sugar if you use the cranberries. You could add lemon rind, blueberries, cinnamon....whatever to switch things up.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk (soy, rice, cow)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup rice flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup bob's red mill mighty tasty hot cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons guar gum or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray muffin tins with no-stick spray. Mix together eggs, oil, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. In a separate bowl, combine flours, starches, cereal, baking powder, and guar gum. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir together. When batter is almost blended, add cranberries and walnut pieces. Stir together til mixed, being careful not to over mix. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes.