Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe taken from Coking Under the Guns The Battleship Missouri Cook Book. This is how it is written, so you might wanna scale it down just a bit, that is unless your cooking for a battleship full of men. . . or maybe a little league team .
- 8 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- Blend all ingredients except flour and water lightly. Shape into 3 oz. patties.
- Place on baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes; save the drippings.
- Stir flour into drippings. Add water to make 3 cups of gravy. Cook for 5 minutes after the gravy has thickened. Serve with 1 tablespoons sauce over each patty.