Recipe by Stephen Shafer
Recipe taken from Coking Under the Guns The Battleship Missouri Cook Book. This is how it is written, so you might wanna scale it down just a bit, that is unless your cooking for a battleship full of men. . . or maybe a little league team .
- 8 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients except flour and water lightly. Shape into 3 oz. patties.
- Place on baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes; save the drippings.
- Stir flour into drippings. Add water to make 3 cups of gravy. Cook for 5 minutes after the gravy has thickened. Serve with 1 tablespoons sauce over each patty.