Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup, prepared mainly from miso and dashi (fish stock and seaweed stock, see my recipe for simple dashi). Rich taste, easy recipe, short preparation time and very healthy. This recipe calls for Dashi - a Japanese Fish Stock. This stock really wakes the soup up and is the best way to make miso soup.
- Place dashi stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cut the tofu block into small cubes and add them to the dashi.
- Simmer the tofu in the dashi stock for a few minutes on very low heat.
- The miso is the tricky part, you have to take out a bit of the soup stock from the pan and dissolve your miso into it.
- When the miso dissolves, add the dissolved miso to the pan gradually.
- DO NOT boil the soup after you put the miso inches This is the only way you can mess up this soup.
- Stir the soup gently.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped green onion, shitake mushrooms and dried wakame seaweed flakes.
- Add the omega fish oil and soy (if desired).