Harmel Rayat's Note:
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup, prepared mainly from miso and dashi (fish stock and seaweed stock, see my recipe for simple dashi). Rich taste, easy recipe, short preparation time and very healthy. This recipe calls for Dashi - a Japanese Fish Stock. This stock really wakes the soup up and is the best way to make miso soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dashi stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Cut the tofu block into small cubes and add them to the dashi.
- 3Simmer the tofu in the dashi stock for a few minutes on very low heat.
- 4The miso is the tricky part, you have to take out a bit of the soup stock from the pan and dissolve your miso into it.
- 5When the miso dissolves, add the dissolved miso to the pan gradually.
- 6DO NOT boil the soup after you put the miso inches This is the only way you can mess up this soup.
- 7Stir the soup gently.
- 8Turn off the heat and add chopped green onion, shitake mushrooms and dried wakame seaweed flakes.
- 9Add the omega fish oil and soy (if desired).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mighty Miso Soup (With Dashi - Fish Stock)
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 953.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: