Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is one of d best chicken pies.. its so tasty, crispy on d out side and a world of flavors in the inside.. whats best?? its so easy to make. try it out
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed into small pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red chile, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- shortcrust pastry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- heat oil in a pan and add onions. fry till they start to color then add diced chicken.
- when chicken has turned white, add paprika, coriander, mixed spices,curry, salt and pepper.stir well then add chilli.leave to cook for about 5 mins covered then turn off heat and allow to cool.
- heat oven to 375degrees.
- use 2 sheets of pastry for one pie, on on sheet, spoon over the stuffing and then top with another sheet. press edges and prick top of pie with a fork. repeat till u finish the remaining.
- beat egg lightly and add little salt.place pies on baking tray lined with a baking sheet. brush egg over pies.
- put in oven n bake till golden brown. allow to rest before serving.
- best served warm.