1/2 Photos of Migas (Lower-Fat)
Eggs with corn tortillas, onion, peppers and tomatoes. This lower fat version is from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large plum tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided (I add salt)
- 6 (5 inch) corn tortillas
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Saute first 4 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Add tomato, broth, cumin and 1/4 t salt; simmer, partially covered, stirring ocassionally, 15 minutes. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 3Cut tortillas into 1-inch strips; cut in half crosswise. Cook strips in large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 4Add eggs to skillet; cook over medium heat, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds.
- 5Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 t salt and tortilla strips, and continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist (do not stir constantly).
- 6Remove from heat. Spoon vegetable mixture over egg mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Migas (Lower-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g