1/7 Photos of Migas Lite for 2
So much Tex-Mex food calls for lots of oil and high fat foods. This was a recipe that I found on a pack of corn tortillas. I adjusted the recipe and this is the end result. Hope you enjoy! Update: 05/23/3009: This recipe was submitted to TOH and was published in the 2009 version of The Best of County Cooking. It is also on the TOH website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Tex-Mex-Scramble.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 corn tortillas, cut in strips
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 raw jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small plum tomato, diced
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 ounces left over shredded pork or 2 ounces beef roast
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- avocado, slices
- 1Warm oil in skillet.
- 2Add tortilla strips and fry until lightly golden but not crisp.
- 3Add the onion and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes, additional oil may be needed.
- 4Add tomato and cook and additional 2 minutes.
- 5Add egg substitute and shredded meat; cook until almost set, stirring occasionally, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Sprinkle cheese on top of the egg mixture, cover, turn off heat and allow to sit until cheese melts.
- 7Serve topped with your favoriate salsa, avocado slices and additional corn tortillas if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Migas Lite for 2
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 359.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 25.8 g