Recipe by HOTTOPOT
Someone very very kind at Zaar helped me find this (correctly spelled!!) recipe! I am so greatful. My grandmother made this when I was growing up all the time. I can't wait to make this for my kids. Its awesome!
Top Review by Rainbow - Chef 536866
yummm! Simple, easy and tasty. I don't eat cheese, but I did add a bit of cumin and some recao/cilantro. I added the instructed amount of tomato sauce in the mix, and then added some to the plate. Next time I'll use diced tomato.
- 2 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced (optional)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear tortillas in small pieces.
- Fry in skillet in hot oil until crisp.
- Add onion to hot oil just before tortillas are done.
- Drain excess oil.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Add eggs, salt and tomato sauce to pan and scramble.
- I would also scramble in 1/2 cup mild shredded cheese and as a personal prefrence I'll use a little more tomato sauce!