This recipe is excellent for using up some of those party leftovers that you just don't know what to do with. I use leftover tortilla chips or leftover taco shells which are then crumbled; or just use what's left in the bottom of the bag. T he directions also work for a GFG (I use the omelet plates).
- In a bowl combine eggs, salt and pepper; scramble. Stir in onion, cheeses, and jalapeňo.
- Heat butter in a covered skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook about 30 seconds, covered.
- Stir up well, cover, and cook another 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with crumbled tortillas, cover and cook 20 seconds or to desired doneness.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas, black beans and salsa.
We really liked this - the cheese gives this a really creamy texture, and the spices are spot on. I made this for dinner tonight - it's a quick and no-fuss meal. I served with some strips of free-range preservative-free bacon, and a healthy side of Jicama, Tomato, and Black Bean Salad #484168 and we thought it was a perfect combination. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
This was a very simple recipe to make for breakfast. Enjoyed by all. Used flour tortillas. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice
We loved this recipe! I added some fried mushrooms and cilantro for some extra flavour and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. We sprinkled on some green jalapeno tabasco sauce and wow, it was great! Made for ZWT 5 :)