Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe is excellent for using up some of those party leftovers that you just don't know what to do with. I use leftover tortilla chips or leftover taco shells which are then crumbled; or just use what's left in the bottom of the bag. T he directions also work for a GFG (I use the omelet plates).
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a bowl combine eggs, salt and pepper; scramble. Stir in onion, cheeses, and jalapeňo.
- Heat butter in a covered skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook about 30 seconds, covered.
- Stir up well, cover, and cook another 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with crumbled tortillas, cover and cook 20 seconds or to desired doneness.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas, black beans and salsa.
We really liked this - the cheese gives this a really creamy texture, and the spices are spot on. I made this for dinner tonight - it's a quick and no-fuss meal. I served with some strips of free-range preservative-free bacon, and a healthy side of Jicama, Tomato, and Black Bean Salad #484168 and we thought it was a perfect combination. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
This was a very simple recipe to make for breakfast. Enjoyed by all. Used flour tortillas. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice
We loved this recipe! I added some fried mushrooms and cilantro for some extra flavour and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. We sprinkled on some green jalapeno tabasco sauce and wow, it was great! Made for ZWT 5 :)