Recipe by riffraff
Serve with warm tortillas and flaming hot salsa.
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
how did I forget to rate this? I tried this recipe shortly after Riff posted it, and it is wonderful. We love it with a dollop of guacamole and salsa, and hot buttered tortillas. And the Fritos are a MUST.....don't try to use other chips....it's just not as good.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons salsa fresca
- 3⁄4 cup Fritos corn chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, Italian blend or 3⁄4 cup other cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb skirt steak
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a cast iron skillet to high, coat lightly with oil.
- Season skirt steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Saute about 2-3 minutes per side until rare - medium rare.
- Remove from pan and let rest on a cutting board.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat butter and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- While cooking onions cut meat very very thinly accross the grain into bite sized pieces.
- Add eggs to onion mixture and whisk continuously until almost completely cooked.
- Quickly fold in salsa, 3/4 of the cheese, Fritos and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once heated through, put on plates, top with remaining cheese and reserved skirt steak.
- Serve with hot sauce or additional salsa.