Recipe by LonghornMama
Eggs with corn tortillas, very quick and tasty for breakfast/brunch, even dinner. This recipe is from Celebrate San Antonio, a cookbook by the San Antonio Junior Forum.
Top Review by Wing-Man
Made this a while back and forgot to rate. Just made it again. Better than I remember. Basically a great recipe for cleaning out the fridge. We had some tomatillo sauce on the side, but I think this meal holds up very well on its own. Thanks for posting.
- 8 corn tortillas, cut in 8 wedges each
- 12 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 bacon, slices
- 4 green onions, sliced thin including tops
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 fresh jalapenos, peppers. sliced thin with seeds removed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown bacon, remove from pan and cut into small bits; set aside.
- Fry tortilla strips in bacon fat (or corn oil) until slightly crisp (about 30 seconds). Add remaining ingredients and bacon all at once.
- Scramble until eggs are firm.
- Serve hot with flour tortillas and refried beans.