Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eggs with corn tortillas, very quick and tasty for breakfast/brunch, even dinner. This recipe is from Celebrate San Antonio, a cookbook by the San Antonio Junior Forum.
- 8 corn tortillas, cut in 8 wedges each
- 12 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 bacon, slices
- 4 green onions, sliced thin including tops
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 fresh jalapenos, peppers. sliced thin with seeds removed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown bacon, remove from pan and cut into small bits; set aside.
- Fry tortilla strips in bacon fat (or corn oil) until slightly crisp (about 30 seconds). Add remaining ingredients and bacon all at once.
- Scramble until eggs are firm.
- Serve hot with flour tortillas and refried beans.
Made this a while back and forgot to rate. Just made it again. Better than I remember. Basically a great recipe for cleaning out the fridge. We had some tomatillo sauce on the side, but I think this meal holds up very well on its own. Thanks for posting.
Migas is such a flexible breakfast dish. You can basically throw in whatever you have. I used chopped green chiles, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chopped tomato, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Topped with salsa and fresh cilantro. Yummy!
These were really good for Sunday brunch and quick too. They were similar to the ones we had a "Cantina Laredo".We served with refried beans, guacamole, and mimosas! Thanks for sharing your recipe