Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My husband and father-in-law are nuts for migas. I first had them when visiting San Antonio and must say they are very good. I think they are usually served for breakfast but we eat them for dinner. Posted 9-16-04
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some of the green part)
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded,chopped and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken into large,bite-size pieces
- hot sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, water, salt, and pepper to taste; whisk to combine.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; tilt pan to swirl the melted butter around.
- When the butter foams, add green onions; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add in egg mixture; let set for 20 seconds.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until almost set.
- Add in tomato, green chiles, and cheese; continue stirring/cooking until mixed well and cheese melts.
- Add in chips; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle hot sauce over the top if desired; serve.