Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
My husband and father-in-law are nuts for migas. I first had them when visiting San Antonio and must say they are very good. I think they are usually served for breakfast but we eat them for dinner. Posted 9-16-04
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some of the green part)
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded,chopped and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken into large,bite-size pieces
- hot sauce, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, water, salt, and pepper to taste; whisk to combine.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; tilt pan to swirl the melted butter around.
- When the butter foams, add green onions; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add in egg mixture; let set for 20 seconds.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until almost set.
- Add in tomato, green chiles, and cheese; continue stirring/cooking until mixed well and cheese melts.
- Add in chips; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle hot sauce over the top if desired; serve.
We love this recipe in our house! i often use old corn tortillas instead of chips and just mix them right in as it is cooking. This recipe is in my keepers binder. Love it!
I enjoyed the migas recipes posted here at Zaar. I used this one combined with another to please my family's palate. I used the corn tortillas I had instead of chips. VERY TASTY!
I can understand why you husband & FIL are nuts for this recipe - Deeeelightful. This recipe would be great for buffet just put the tortilla chips on the side so they stay crisp. I used fresh Jalapeno and cut the recipe back to 3 eggs. Made it for brunch today served wi th Korean Mushroom Kebobs and hash browns - Wonderful Brunch Thanks Nurse Di for a winner Nove 08 2009 This recipe is so good I could have it every Sunday for brunch. I made it with 2 eggs for one serving used Lite Havarti cheese (cut back) and only 6 chips scattered on top just before serving Mmmm delish