Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Polish friends were cooking this and invited me to tried. It was wonderful, I had to beg them to get the recipe. It can be done with beef but we prefer it with pork.It can be eaten hot or cold.
- 500 g ground pork
- 3 chopped onions
- 5 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- Mix together the pork, onion, garlic and the raw egg.
- Wet the slices of bread and squeeze the excess water out. Add it to mixture above and season it with salt and pepper.
- Form small balls and roll them into the breadcrumb.
- Fry them in vegetable oil on medium heat to make sure that the inside of the mielona gets cooked.
- Turn them over often to make sure all sides get a nice brown colour.
- Once cooked put them on absorbent paper.
- I like to serve them green vegetables but they can go nicely with chips, mashed potatoes, etc.