Recipe by Chef Oryon
When it comes to chili I am an addict. I see a recipe I try it. This recipe is an accumulation of what worked in all those attempts. It is a great recipe.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 4 slices bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground meat along with the garlic.
- In a slow cooker add the tomatoes, beans, onion, celery, red bell pepper,worcestershire sauce,lime juice, spices and brown sugar.
- When the ground meat is cooked add to the slow cooker.
- Place 1 cup of water and the bouillon cube in the pan you cooked the ground meat and bring to a boil.
- Place the resultant broth in the slow cooker.
- Cook the bacon, drain the grease and add to the slow cooker.
- Boil remaining half cup of water in the bacon pan and again add the broth to the slow cooker.
- Cook on the high setting until vegetables are tender.