Recipe by susan #9
Posted on SCDRecipe.com, a collection of recipes intended to help people with IBD/IBS, Crohn’s, colitis, diverticulitis, SIBO, autism and/or ADHD. All recipes adhere to the Specific Carbohydrte Diet as described by Elaine Gottschall’s book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle. source: www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/print/254/
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup scd yogurt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh dill (or 1/4 cup chopped parsley)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the turkey with 3 tablespoons yogurt, onion, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and chili powder.
- Shape into 20 meatballs, each 1 half inch in diameter.
- Place on a shallow pan and bake 25 minutes turning meatballs once midway through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, mix remaining yogurt, dill, and pepper to make the sauce.
- To serve, pour yogurt dill sauce over meatballs.