Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
This taco salad recipe is different from the ones that are on Recipezaar because it doesn't use Catalina dressing, you make the dressing for this salad. It also contains Doritos, kidney beans and colby or cheddar cheese. I haven't had a chance to try this recipe yet, so I am placing it here for safekeeping. Please Note: Time does not include cooling time for ground beef.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
We love this dressing, which looks like Catalina but is more complex in flavor. It came together easily and whipped up in seconds! Because we want to keep leftovers in the fridge overnight, we left out the layer of chips and instead put them on the serving plate under the salad. We also skipped the onions by request of DD16. This was good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb colby or 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Doritos, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef. Add taco mix and water to ground beef; simmer until thick. Cool. In a large bowl, layer lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese, crushed Doritos and ground beef. Drain and rinse kidney beans; add to salad. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over salad just before serving.