Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
No clue why these are called Midwestern.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions (plus more for garnish)
- black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the mashed yolks, Miracle Whip, and mustard.
- Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, and green onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill the whites evenly with yolk mixture; garnish each egg half with a sprinkle of chopped green onion.
Miracle whip is traditionally used in Midwestern deviled eggs and salads.
Great eggs! I don't normally like Miracle Whip but it worked well in this recipe. I loved the addition of green onions. Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for My 3 Chefs 2012.