Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty recipe good any time the hankering strikes, this is my midwestern take on the classic taco salad.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 6 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces corn chips
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Brown one pound ground hamburger with half of the diced onions and peppers in a skillet over medium high heat. When the hamburger is mostly done stir in the garlic and seasonings.
- Crumble and divide the corn chips over the serving plates.
- Top the corn chips with a layer of the finished taco meat, then a layer of shredded cheese, sour cream, the rest of the onions and peppers and some salsa or taco sauce of your preference, and enjoy.
This was delicious! Used regular cheddar and white onions as it was what I had on hand. Am not fond of sour cream but bought some to use for this recipe, but I forgot to add. Thank you Chef Curt for an enjoyable and tasty dinner. Made for Fall PAC 2012.