Recipe by Chemaine
My mom made this all the time. My brother makes it for his family and now it is something my husband can make by memory!! (and well!)
Top Review by Lainey39
The Catalina dressing attracted me to this recipe for taco salad. I really think it goes very well with a taco salad and it reminds me of a favorite local restaurants taco salad. I don't have to worry about the leftovers because there weren't any!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces Doritos, crushed (nacho flavor 1/2 bag)
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing, 1/2 bottle
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger with seasoning, drain and chill.
- In large bowl rip up lettuce, add tomatoes, cheese and chilled beef.
- Just before serving add chips and salad dressing.
- This is great as a left over, even though the chips get soggy, it's still really good.
- Make sure you cover, it absorbs other flavors from the fridge easily!