Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
An all time favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked dried elbow macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups American cheese or 3 cups sharp American cheese or 3 cups swiss & American cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely crushed seasoned croutons
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Combine cooked macaroni, milk and cheese in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted (5 to 6 minutes).
- Spoon macaroni into individual freezer containers with tight fitting lids. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw in refrigerator at least 24 hours. Place individual servings in microwave safe bowls, sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons crushed croutons. Microwave on high, stirring once, until heated through, about 1to 2 minutes.