Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 lbs haddock, skinned and boned
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour and spices until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Cook until smooth and thick.
- Add the cheese; stir until melted.
- Place the haddock in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the haddock.
- Add the sherry and sprinkle liberally with the paprika.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
We also stuffed the filets with canned crab meat (drained) Thaw the frozen fillets for about 7 minutes carefully pull apart in the middle and stuff with the crab meat. then pour the sauce over. It was delictable
Great recipe. It has a silky texture and it is delicious.
Well this 1 looks sooo good I had to try it. I'm cooking it right now and I'm not one to leave anything alone. (I changed things a bit) To the sauce I added one clove of garlic,5 fresh basil leaves,2 sprigs of fresh parsley,and 1 green onion just the green part all chopped along with some onion powder and some parmesian cheese. Tasted thwe sause and ohhh ya so good. I also used my homemade blueberry wine(very dry and non sweet)instead of sherry. I'm giving this one 5* even before I try it because of the changes I made. Will be good.