4 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Donna Deli's Note:
This delicious Ezekiel Bread recipe was developed at The Midtown Deli & Bread Bakery in Savannah, Georgia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 6 1/2 cups rye flour
- 3 1/2 cups soy flour
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3/4 cup barley
- 1/3 cup lentils
- 1/3 cup millet
- 3 ounces yeast
- 1 ounce salt
- 1 1/2 ounces Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (Finishing Garnish)
- 1Combine all dry ingredients.
- 2Combine all wet ingredients.
- 3Place in large pot and heat on a low setting until the liquid is just warm to the touch.
- 4Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the heated liquid ingredients.
- 5Fold with a dough scraper until thoroughly combined.
- 6The dough will be very thick.
- 7Portion dough into eight pre-greased medium loaf pans, and press mixture into the pan firmly.
- 8The dough should fill half the pan.
- 9Place pans in a covered area to proof for approximately 2 hours.
- 10When dough has reached the top of the baking pans, it is ready to bake.
- 11Remove pans from proof area, mist the loaves with water and dust with sesame seeds.
- 12Place the loaves in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 75 minutes.
- 13Loaves will be dark brown when finished,while the sesame seeds will be almost white.
- 14Let the pans cool for 10 minutes, then remove the loaves to a cooling rack.
- 15Cool for 30 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Midtown Deli Ezekiel Bread
Serving Size: 1 (5588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1846.9
- Calories from Fat 784
- Total Fat 87.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 1559.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 222.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten