Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This delicious Ezekiel Bread recipe was developed at The Midtown Deli & Bread Bakery in Savannah, Georgia.
- 9 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 6 1⁄2 cups rye flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups soy flour
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3⁄4 cup barley
- 1⁄3 cup lentils
- 1⁄3 cup millet
- 3 ounces yeast
- 1 ounce salt
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (Finishing Garnish)
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- Place in large pot and heat on a low setting until the liquid is just warm to the touch.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the heated liquid ingredients.
- Fold with a dough scraper until thoroughly combined.
- The dough will be very thick.
- Portion dough into eight pre-greased medium loaf pans, and press mixture into the pan firmly.
- The dough should fill half the pan.
- Place pans in a covered area to proof for approximately 2 hours.
- When dough has reached the top of the baking pans, it is ready to bake.
- Remove pans from proof area, mist the loaves with water and dust with sesame seeds.
- Place the loaves in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 75 minutes.
- Loaves will be dark brown when finished,while the sesame seeds will be almost white.
- Let the pans cool for 10 minutes, then remove the loaves to a cooling rack.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then serve.
This bread freezes beautifully. After baking and cooling, I slice each loaf into 1/2 inch slizes and freeze individually in ziploc snack bags. Every morning, I toast a slice and slather it with peanut butter. No hunger all day. Minus the splenda and replace with honey....this bread proves God's knowledge and love of the human body. Thank you for the receipe! It's worth the time and effort.