Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This delicious Ezekiel Bread recipe was developed at The Midtown Deli & Bread Bakery in Savannah, Georgia.
- 9 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 6 1⁄2 cups rye flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups soy flour
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3⁄4 cup barley
- 1⁄3 cup lentils
- 1⁄3 cup millet
- 3 ounces yeast
- 1 ounce salt
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (Finishing Garnish)
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- Place in large pot and heat on a low setting until the liquid is just warm to the touch.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the heated liquid ingredients.
- Fold with a dough scraper until thoroughly combined.
- The dough will be very thick.
- Portion dough into eight pre-greased medium loaf pans, and press mixture into the pan firmly.
- The dough should fill half the pan.
- Place pans in a covered area to proof for approximately 2 hours.
- When dough has reached the top of the baking pans, it is ready to bake.
- Remove pans from proof area, mist the loaves with water and dust with sesame seeds.
- Place the loaves in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 75 minutes.
- Loaves will be dark brown when finished,while the sesame seeds will be almost white.
- Let the pans cool for 10 minutes, then remove the loaves to a cooling rack.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then serve.