Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Midori makes it mighty nice!
- 1 (8 ounce) can almond paste
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 cup Midori melon liqueur
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a mixing bowl crumble almond paste.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add 2 egg whites to almond paste mixture.
- Beat until smooth (dough will be stiff).
- Insert large star tube in pastry bag.
- Fill with dough.
- Using a slight swirling motion, squeeze dough onto well-greased cookie sheet.
- Lift tube 1/4-inch from pan until dough breaks easily.
- Or, drop dough from teaspoon onto well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan, cool on rack, and ice with Midori Icing.
- Mix icing ingredients together until spreadable.