Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cool, refreshing summer dessert. Great for a party!
Make and share this Midori-Lime Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Midori melon liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- lime zest (cut into 2-inch-long strips and tie into knots, to garnish)
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring lime juice, lemon juice and MIdori just to a boil. Remove pan from heat.
- Whisk in butter until completely melted.
- Whisk in sugar, whole eggs, egg yolks, lime zest and gelatin until well-combined.
- Cook the custard over moderate heat, whisking constatnly, until thickened (candy thermometer should read 170 degrees F).
- Pour custard through a fine sieve inot a heat-proof bowl set over a larger bowl of ice water. Stir until completely cooled.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, use an electric mixer with chilled beaters to beat the whipping cream until it just holds stiff peaks (follow the directions on the carton the cream comes in).
- Fold the whipped cream inot the custard just until they are combined.
- Spoon the mousse into 6 dessert glasses.
- Chill the mousse, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, garnish mousse with lime zest knots.