Top Review by abcdefg
This was divine! A little difficult for me, as I don't generally like "high-maintenance" cooking (i.e. stuff I have to actually pay attention to!), but well worth the trouble. I can't describe the taste; it is something everyone will have to try for themselves. It was just melony enough without being too much, and a little tangy. Very dreamy!!
- 1⁄2 cup Midori melon liqueur
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 large cubed honeydew melon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- additional sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- melon ball (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the Midori in a small heavy saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Let the gelatin sit for a minute to soften, then place the pan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- In small batches, puree the melon until smooth and add the pureed melon to a large bowl.
- With a whisk, beat in the Midori mixture, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth and well mixed.
- With chilled beaters in a clean bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the honeydew mixture.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or individual serving dishes.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving with the sweetened whipped cream and melon balls if desired.