Recipe by LAURIE
From an school cookbook circa 1990. These are so good esp at midnite with a tall glass of cold milk!!! Very Rich.
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canready to spread caramel pecan frosting
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 pan.
- in large bowl, cream brown sugar and 1/2 cup margarine.
- Blend in vanilla and eggs mixing well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts.
- Stir melted chocolate into 1 part.
- Drop each section of dough by large spoonfuls randomly into prepared pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake 17-22 minutes til golden.
- Spread frosting over bars.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In small pan combine sugar, 5 TBS margarine and milk.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chips until melted and smooth.
- Pour over bars.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes then cut into bars.
- Small sizes.
- Store is refrigerator.