Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This bread is great for chicken salad sandwiches. Recipe from "Bread Machine Magic." Recipe makes 1 1/2 loaf.
- 1 1⁄8 cups buttermilk (or 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder and 1 1/8 cup water)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan. Select Light Crust setting and press Start.
- After baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cake rack and allow to cool for 1 hour before slicing.
This was one of my recipes for PAC Spring 07. YUMMY! I used regular milk powder and 1 1/4 teaspoons of yeast. I like orange, so I used the zest of a whole orange. This makes AMAZING French toast. YUM! Thanks for sharing.