Recipe by MsSally
Who knew you could do so much in a rice cooker. From aroma site for safe keeping. Use your favorite combo of potatoes, asparagus, bacon, ham, chicken, kernel corn, bell pepper, or artichoke hearts diced to your desire.
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetables (and or 1/2 cup meat)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons white mushrooms, diced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Close the lid and press the Steam/Cook button to preheat the Aroma® rice cooker for approximately 10 minutes. Open the lid, using caution to avoid steam burns. Place the butter and mushrooms in the inner pot and, using a long-handled plastic spoon, sauté the mushrooms until tender. Add the green onions, tomatoes, and vegetables and/or meat. Stir to combine and sauté for 2 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and stir lightly. Close the lid and cook until the eggs are almost set, 12 to 14 minutes. Open the lid, sprinkle the cheese over the eggs, and slide the omelet out of the container onto a plate, folding it in half before serving.