Recipe by bert
This recipe keeps well and also freezes well, so you can make this ahead for any occasion.
Top Review by Treenickel
Very rich and creamy flavor. They were more of a minty bar cookie than a "mint" I made a batch up to serve at a reception and they were the first thing to dissapear. Would definitely make them again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups icing sugar
- green food coloring
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Bottom Layer: Combine butter, cocoa and sugar in saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a boil.
- Stir in egg to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add crumbs, nuts and coconut.
- Pack very firmly into greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Second Layer: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well adding a few drops more liquid if needed for easy spreading.
- Tint a pretty green.
- Spread over first layer.
- Third Layer: Melt chips and butter in saucepan over low heat or over hot water.
- Spread over second layer.
- Chill and store in refrigerator.
- Cut into 36 squares.