Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't know where this recipe originates, but it was printed in the local newspaper. It's easy to make and tastes divine!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) packagebreak 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 20 Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Have ready 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Break apart the cookie dough and roll each piece into a ball. Roll the balls in the cocoa mixture and place 2-inches apart on the ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly to set.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake until lightly browned, 2--3 minutes longer.
- Cool briefly on a wire rack.
- Enjoy them while they're warm!
I was disappointed in these cookies. The flavor was good, but despite using very chilled dough, the cookies spread into very flat disks. The cocoa and cinnamon left a "dirty" visual impression for me. As I said, I did like the flavor, but could not say that these cookies were pretty enough to use on my Christmas trays.