Recipe by TMoney
Late night munchies hit and I looked around the kitchen. I found a loaf of foccacia with all the seasonings baked in, yummo. That was the inspiration...
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Delicious! I had a potato and chive-flavored focaccia bread, which was very flavorful. First, I sliced the bread horizontally, buttered the interior and toasted them inside-side-down in the skillet. Then I proceeded as directed. Did I say it was delicious? And hearty too! Thanks for sharing your brilliant idea! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 2 slices focaccia bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices maple smoked ham (thin slices)
- 2 slices gruyere cheese (thick slices)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 sliced dill pickles
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one slice of foccacia and place butter side down in a hot skillet.
- layer 2 slices of smoked ham and top with 2 slices of cheese, lower the heat.
- top with pickles and cover the skillet to help melt the cheese.
- spread dijon mustard on the top slice of bread and place on top of sammie.
- butter the outside of the bread and flip sammie to toast up.