Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I was impressed by the simplicity and grace of 30 Second Sandwich by davie, but last night, I felt compelled to add some extra protein and fire. A great bedtime snack and it goes great with beer.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Toast the bread, and while still hot, place on a plate and add one slice of cheese to each slice of toast.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Crack the egg into a bowl, fill one half of the egg shell with water and pour into the bowl.
- Add the Tabasco Sauce and whisk into a froth.
- Pour the beaten egg into the frying pan, and stir lightly until the egg has set.
- Pour the scrambled egg and the butter from the pan on one slice of the toast, place the other slice on top, and allow to cool.
This has been one of my favorite lunches for years, but I had never thought to add Tabasco sauce! Excellent idea, Bill! Very tasty that way. Thanks for posting this! Stacy :)