Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From "The Ultimate Cookie Book" by Catherine Atkinson. These cookies can be made the night before and left in a switched-off oven overnight.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips (or a little more)
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, chopped (or a little less)
- 2⁄3 cup dried sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Put the egg white in a large, clean, grease-free bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar to the whisked egg white, a spoonful at a time, whisking well between each addition until the sugar is fully incorporated. The mixture should be completely smooth and glossy in appearance. Use an electric mixer for speed.
- Fold in the almonds, chocolate chips, cherries and coconut. Place 9 spoonfuls on the baking sheet. Place in the oven, close the door, then turn off the oven. Leave cookies overnight (or atleast 6 hours) and don't open the door. Serve the cookies for breakfast.