Recipe by rrose87
This is a perfect vegatarian meal-in-one, or goes great as a side dish- I like it with shrimp on a skewer! I guarantee eggplant haters will love this dish too- just don't tell them it's in it!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 eggplant, peeled
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, cut in 6ths
- 3 sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Zucchini and eggplant in 1" cubes. Steam in small amount of water covered, for 8-10 minutes till soft.
- Place 1/2 in casserole sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix cheeses, salt and eggs and spoon on top.
- Cover with rest of steamed veggies. Lightly saute onion, green pepper and mushrooms, add tomato and place on top.
- Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minute covered, uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes.